Well, we're getting ready to leave our B&B in Dingle now. (Thanks for the recommendation Alena & Meghan, it's great!). We'll be driving around the peninsula, then off to Dromoland Castle for afternoon tea! Last night we ended up at the aquarium, then at this little craft shop where a woman handmakes wool and other sweaters. She was extremely nice and friendly, and we definitely did some business with her :)
Then we headed over to John Benny's pub for a traditional dinner and Irish folk music. Dinner was great! Since we're on the Atlantic, the seafood is plentiful. I had the seafood chowder with homemade brown bread, and had cappucino mousse with whiskey cream on top. As required, I enjoyed a Guinness, too. Not my favorite, but I had to do it once before I left! Nic had bacon (ham) loin with colcannon potatoes, then had a chocolate tart with strawberry ice cream for dessert. Plus, we got to hear a three-piece traditional band: flute, guitar and accordian. They were really good!
This morning at breakfast, our sugar packets had Irish jokes on them. They're pretty corny, but we'd thought we'd share them anyway:
Q: What does Ireland have more of than any other country?
A: Irishmen
Q:What's Irish and stays out all night?
A: Patty O'Furniture
Q: Why do so many people live in Ireland?
A: Because the population is always Dublin!
Heehehe, alright, we better go now. It looks like it's finally going to rain today, and we want to get a head start on pictures before it does.
PS - Becca, I had porridge with Bailey's for breakfast. I know you'd appreciate that! :)
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Was the bailey's porridge any good? Anywho, glad to hear you girls are doing well over there. I can't wait to see the pics! See you soon.
PS- the gift came yesterday..looks good:)
Post a Comment