We just successfully finished sightseeing in Dublin and made it back to our hotel room around 11:30. We went to Trinity College and saw the Book of Kells and Long Hall. It was amazing!! Unfortunately you can't take pictures in there, but I think Nic picked up a load of postcards instead! Then we headed over to St. Patrick's. It seems to be a running theme here, but we were a *wee* bit lost again...going a few blocks out of our way. But, we made it there, said a prayer for Kate's son, took a few pictures, bought a post card, then headed to Dublin Castle. We decided not to go inside, because really, we're going to at least 3 more castles in the next day. We walked over to the Queen of Tarts, and had breakfast there. We had walked past in the morning and it was closed, and we feared it was because of the bank holiday, but fortunately, they were just opening late! We had breakfast and grabbed 2 tarts to go, that we'll enjoy later on.
Before I left work, my boss gave me a scavenger hunt that I must accomplish before coming home. One of them was a picture of a tart from Queen of Tarts, as that was one of Kate's (from work, not Kate Meade) haunts when she lived here. I also needed to get a picture with a media pack from work. Since I didn't pack one, I have a picture of my business card visiting the Book of Kells. I was also instructed to bring home a leprechaun for one of the guy's at work, and goofy souvenirs for the team as well. I have 2 more pictures I need to take for the scavenger hunt, then I'm complete :)
Kate & Farah, if you're reading this, get back to work! And Farah, tell Everett I said hello!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment